Mistakes made by medical professionals, including doctors, pharmacists, and nurses, can have dire consequences like serious side effects, permanent health issues, and even death. Taking action after a serious medical error can be overwhelming. Luckily, you are not alone. You have access to our medical negligence attorney at The Nail Law Firm. Our accomplished lawyers with a track record of success will be on your side, so you can be sure that your best interests will always come first.
What Constitutes Medical Negligence and What Doesn’t?
Medical negligence doesn’t necessarily lead to injury of a patient. If a healthcare professional deviates from the standard of care when treating a patient, but the patient isn’t harmed, or their health impacted, that negligence will not result in a medical malpractice case.
According to medical malpractice law, medical negligence is considered a medical malpractice when a medical practitioner’s negligent treatment leads to injury, causes unexpected complications, makes a patient’s condition worse, demands additional treatment, and more.
In essence, before medical negligence can be considered a medical malpractice, there has to be damages and legal causation. But if the medical negligence of a medical practitioner does not cause detrimental effects on a patient’s condition, a medical malpractice claim will not be viable.
To sue for medical malpractice, you will need to prove negligence. You will have to show the care received was substandard than the reasonably expected care under similar circumstances. If you cannot, then you might not have grounds for a medical malpractice suit.
Why Hire A Lawyer?
The best medical malpractice lawyer in town like ours is focused on your unique needs and particular case. When you enlist the services of a leading medical negligence lawyer, they will take an aggressive approach right from the beginning. Dedicated attorneys from the best law firms for medical malpractice law will:
- Take the time to learn your case and go through your medical records with a fine-tooth comb to check for any inconsistencies or errors.
- Investigate the background of the medical facility or professional for medical malpractice history.
- Interview witnesses who observed the medical procedure.
- If necessary, proceed to file a malpractice suit on your behalf.
To proceed with your lawsuit, your medical malpractice lawyers can help you prove:
- A patient-doctor relationship existed.
- The medical professional was negligent either in improper treatment or improper diagnosis, or both. You will need to show that the medical practitioner’s mistake harmed you and their actions were inconsistent with the standard of care you would have gotten from another medical professional under similar circumstances.
- The negligent actions of the medical professional resulted in your injury.
- What actual damages you suffered because of the negligent action of the doctor. Also, any additional bills you accrued from treating the damages caused by the healthcare provider.
A good lawyer will do whatever it takes within legal and ethical bounds to make sure you receive the compensation you rightfully deserve. You shouldn’t suffer because of somebody else’s mistake.
We Will Fight for You
Our medical negligence attorney has garnered millions of dollars in verdicts and settlements for different medical malpractice cases. We’ll work tirelessly to establish your case and show that there was negligence. Your case needs result-oriented representation, and that is exactly what we bring to the table. Contact The Nail Law Firm for your free consultation with an experienced lawyer on (816) 281-0891.
Kansas City MO 64112