Patients unquestionably agree with their doctors and medical providers when receiving a diagnosis because doctors are regarded as infallible. Doctors and medical service providers are employees fulfilling the duties agreed upon by their employers.
If a factory worker makes a mistake on the job, they face the consequences for their actions. The same negligent principles apply to professional medical experts. The Nail Law Firm can connect you with the best medical malpractice lawyer in Kansas City who will act as a guiding light during your lawsuit.
Five Instances You Might Consider Hiring Medical Malpractice Lawyers in KC, MO
Circumstances come about that call for the industry’s best medical malpractice lawyer in Kansas City. The Nail Law Firm tops the list of the best law firms for medical malpractice law in the area, thanks to the firm’s dedicated and compassionate care. Medical malpractice law covers several areas of personal injury legal cases and wrongful death lawsuits. Before filing a medical malpractice claim in Kansas City, please review a few instances where a medical malpractice lawyer could offer assistance.
- Prescription Errors or Medication Overdoses – Multiple factors can contribute to prescription errors like medication overdoses or interactions. Patient overdoses typically occur when doctors don’t stay up to date regarding each patient’s medication lists and diagnosed conditions. Prescription errors leading to lawsuits may be as minimal as abbreviation errors, illegible written prescriptions, or incorrect dosage instructions.
- Misdiagnosed Conditions – Overlooked or misdiagnosed medical conditions can alter the course of your life forever. Misdiagnosed patients commonly face uncomfortable and often unnecessary treatments or procedures that waste time, insurance coverage, and risks the patient’s health. Cases involving the death or permanent hindrance to a patient’s quality of life are a few examples of the cases The Nail Law Firm has handled in the past.
- Surgical Errors – Surgical errors can include medical instruments left inside the body and incorrect surgical sites on patients. Nerve damage from anesthesia miscalculations also falls into the legal category that covers medical malpractice cases. Performing unnecessary surgeries on patients to reap insurance reimbursement is not just unethical, and it is also considered malpractice.
- Childbirth Mistakes – Birthing a child is a traumatic and wonderful experience combined into one incredible event. However, mistakes made during the delivery process can leave long-term damage to the mother and her child. Doctors who fail to respond to fetal distress signs or incorrectly perform cesarean sections can stand legally liable in criminal and civil court proceedings.
- Defective Medical Equipment – Medical facilities utilizing outdated or ill-maintained medical devices will face accountability for harming patients who turn to The Nail Law Firm for assistance. Uninspected medical equipment can cause the apparatus to malfunction and harm patients during medical services performed by the doctor.
How to Respond to Suspected Medical Malpractice or Wrongful Deaths
The Nail Law Firm provides one on one free case consultations and evaluations to clients seeking legal representation. Besides medical malpractice and wrongful death law, our legal firm has successfully settled endless personal injury cases, such as automobile accidents. Consider calling 816-281-0891 to speak with an experienced medical malpractice lawyer from The Nail Law Firm.